Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How do I get rid of horizontal arrows?

What version of Word are you using? This always helps with the possible
solution.
Anyway, what you are seeing are the Non-Printing Characters, use Ctrl+Shft+8
or the ΒΆ icon (on the Home ribbon or the Standard toolbar) to toggle the view
of these.
For further information on how these characters can be of use see:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm
Hope this helps
DeanH

"vicforman" wrote:

At the beginning of every paragraph of all of my saved word documents there
is a horizontal arrow pointing right in the indentation space.

I have already tried the 'arrowhead' button in the 'drawing toolbar" for
removing these arrows but this did not work.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these arrows?