Jay

Well,
What I tried is:
I manually attached the header and footer to the generated word doc and
saved it as a web page.It created a directory and an xml file and header html
file.
I copied the stylesheet from these files to my asp file.
But this is not consistent ; some times the headr & footer are displayed and
some times not?? Any thoughts??

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?SmF5?=,

How to add a header ( text and an image) and footer with page numbers to a
word doc that is generated by an asp page( word doc is generated by using
mime type= application/msword NOT by word automation.)

If you're not using Word automation then I don't think there's any way you
can add a header footer. Note that I don't know what options are available
when using the "mime type". If that will allow you to use command line
switches to open a new document based on a specific template, and then drops
the text into that, then you could put the header/footer into that template.
But that's the only possibility I can imagine.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org