garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | uncheck the "Text boundaries"
and "Paragrah marks" boxes | OK.

Sickputer wrote:
A friend (high school computer applications teacher) has this problem:
***************************
In Word 2000 (Windows 98), the default page comes up looking like the one in
the attachment. It has a frame of some sort showing the margins around the
page. Also, the paragraph mark is stuck on there even though the hide/show
feature is turned off. This is in all views.

I have uninstalled Word and reinstalled, renamed the Normal template, and
now I give up. Such a simple problem is driving me nuts. Can you help?
*********************************

I have the attachment screen capture as a .JPG he

http://russelltexas.com/samples/wordmargin.jpg

Based on an Internet tip, I suggested she look to see if a Far East language
was enabled under Start/Programs/Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Office
Language Settings, but she reported no.

The user has since done this: I uninstalled Word again and deleted every
file with the word "word" in it, reinstalled and I still have the problem. I
ran the "cleanup" program (http://cleanup.stevengould.org), checked for
viruses and spyware and ran the Norton Utilities scan disk just for good
measure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Russell Smith