Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
confused template[_2_] confused template[_2_] is offline

Default word 2003 template has been written over. How?

Is there a way of stopping templates from appearing in this list so people
don't accidentally write over general templates?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you "open" a template as he is doing, you open it for editing, just
like a document.

"confused template" wrote in
message ...
I have investigated further and found out how he has opened the template
and
saved over it. He opens word, then clicks recent documents on the right
hand
side within the "getting started" task pane. As he had recently opened teh
template it is listed there. Oddly when you click on it there it is the
.dot
that opens and any saved cahnges are made to the .dot, it is not a new
document that opens. Is this correct or is there a set up error somewhere?

"confused template" wrote:

Hi,
I have created a template in word 2003 (yes, it is correctly saved as a
.dot
file) for general use on a network. Twice now people have opend the
template,
written what they want to write then saved, only to find they have saved
over
the original template. What is there is still a template with the same
name.
I just can't figure out how this is happening. Whenever I open it, I get
new word doc opening. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong?