Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Bob is offline

Default How do I set a continuous page break and stay on the same page

You're right, I have found some more threads like this, but its not as simple
as that. The section start is set to continuous. I should clarify: the reason
that I want a section break is because I am footnoting chapters in a book,
and a section break is what allows me to start numbering footnotes over again
from #1. I have seen some info on this, but it appears that it will create a
page, one above the break and another below. I assume this is to prevent
having one numbered higher than a following footnote, or having two of the
same numbered footnotes on one page. I have solved this by moving the
footnote to another page, but would still like a way to control my own
footnotes with continuous section breaks...

"Kat" wrote:

You've got the exact opposite problem to the guy below asking about Next Page
breaks.

Click in the problem section then go to Page Layout. Click on the Layout tab
and make sure Section Start is set to Continuous.