Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Formatting fonts in an outline

It sounds as if you may have selected one of the outline types that are
linked to the built-in heading styles. The formatting of their paragraphs is
linked to the paragraph style, not the number format.

"Daniel Schaffer" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I'm making an outline. I clicked on the "numbering" button,
and then went to "Format" and selected "bullets and numbering". I chose
the kind of outline I wanted, and Word has complied.

My problem is that Word formats every level of the outline in Boldface. I
went back to the box where one chooses the outline scheme and pressed
"customize". This brought up the box "Customize Outline Numbered List".
I clicked on "Font" which gave me the choice of fonts and fond styles. I
chose "regular" for most levels of the outline and then pressed OK a
number of times to go back to my text. Alas, everything in the outline,
including parts following my attempt to format, is still in boldface.

Is there a way I can choose to have some levels *not* in boldface (or
italic for that matter).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Good luck, Dan S