Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Save Options

There is no limit on the number of shortcut icons that can be added to the
Place Bar (or not one that I have reached). If you right click on the Places
Bar, you can choose the Small Icons option. The SaveAs/Open dialog boxes can
be sized up to full screen, so the number of shortcut icons that can be
added AND SEEN without scrolling depends on the resolution of your display.
However, the Places Bar is scrollable, so even this is not a limitation. At
work, where we have a large network, so there's many locations I use
regularly, I have a total of 36 shortcut icons on My Places Bar but with
only 31 shortcut icons in view.

However, to remove the 'standard shortcut icons' it is necessary to hack the
registry.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
You can download Tweak UI from
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstati.../NTTweakUI.asp,
MAX 5 folder shortcuts can be used in places bar; if it is not enough,
you can use Lightning Bar on http://lbar.leafpicker.com/down.htm

"sasha gottfried wrote:
"
In Word 2003, when I save a document I am given choices on the left pane
of
the 'save as' box. How can I change those options to reflect the most
commonly used folders? IE: I don't need: "My Network Places" up there.
Other
folders would be more helpful.

Thanks,

Marc