Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Default Keyboard layout switched to Greek.

Hello, Graham.

Under Word 2007 Options, the €śAutomatically switch keyboard to match
language of surrounding text€ť is unchecked.

Under Vista language options, I only have English installed.

The keyboard only changed for within Word; it remained US in my other open
programs. I havent been able to reproduce the effect, so it is probably
some bizzaro anomaly.

Thank you for your help.

Note:
Switch Input Language: Left Alt + Shift
Switch Keyboard Layout: Left Ctrl + Shift
Under €ťRegional and Language Options€ť you can €śChange the Key Sequence€ť such
that the switches are unassigned.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Alternative keyboard settings are configured in Windows regional settings
and you can switch between them (by default) with Left ALT + Shift, or by
clicking the icon on the language bar. You can add the language bar to the
Windows task bar.

If you have Word's language option to autodetect language it will switch
automatically. Turn that option off.

Mecalith wrote:
I was setting up AutoCorrect symbols and my keyboard switched to Greek
letters. How did I change the keyboard to Greek and how do I change
it back to US within Word. When I exited and reopened Word the
Keyboard was back to US.