Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WillW WillW is offline

Default Protect Cells in Word Table

For my very first template, I need to protect cells in a template table. I
see in Help (I think) how to protect a control, but can't find how to prevent
users from entering a cell used only as a text label.

An issue probably for another forum (I wonder if I'm the only one
experiencing this): I don't think MS Office 2007 Help has EVER returned a
useful result for my questions. Typing key words for my search (e.g.,
"protect table cell" or "template protect table cell", or any combination)
always returns multiple suggestions, but NONE of them are helpful - and often
seem to have no relation to my question ("Create a hyperlink"?). Thank
goodness for Google. I'm sure it's something I'm missing, but it's baffling
to me how I could get it wrong 100% of the time.

Thanks.