Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Problem creating a Christmas Card

I'm not sure what's happening, but Word doesn't always handle custom sizes
well. If you can get it to handle this size at all, you could set up this
document as "2 pages per sheet" (on the Margins tab of Page Setup), choosing
Portrait orientation, which gives you two landscape pages per sheet, then
use page 2 (with appropriate margins) for your greeting, leaving page 1
blank.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I'm experimenting in creating a Card.
Card size is 6 7/8 X 10

Folded down across the middle becoming a 6 7/8 X 5 document.

I'm trying to create the inside greeting so it will be on the BOTTOM half
of the card when a person opens it..

I set up the document size as 6 7/8 X 10 and then keyed in the greeting in
the 5" to 10" area (bottom half.)
Word always prints the greeting in the TOP HALF rather than the BOTTOM
HALF!

When I look at Print Preview it looks correct.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Doug McNeill