Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Default replacing period-space with period-space-space

Hi, Boris. The easiest way to do that, which I've used extensively, is to
replace period-space with period-space-space, and then to run a replace
period-space-space-space with period-space-space until 0 replacements are
made.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"BorisS" wrote in message
news
I need to do a find and replace on all single spaces after periods, and
replace with two spaces. The problem, of course, is that if I do just a
straight period-space conversion, I will include the places that already
have
a period and two spaces after them (with the find just ignoring the second
space in its search).

How can I indicate that I only want it to find periods with a space and
some
character after the space, as the find criteria? And then also
importantly,
how do I tell it to replace the period-space with period-two space, and
then
leave the character untouched?

Thanks.
--