Bob

Thank you Suzanne for your response. No, not exactly what I'm after. I want
the insert carat that is on the bottom of the line specifically like when you
handwrite a string or edit a document. It must exist somewhere, but have
been unable to locate it. Thanks again ... Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Underline characters are often used in place of spaces, but that doesn't
sound like what you're describing.

"Bob" wrote in message
Thanks for taking the time to reply Barb, but no, I'm looking for that
symbol, however, want to insert it at the bottom of the line the way you
would if you were handwriting a string.

"Bob" wrote:

When typing a string e.g. rm(space)fn, eg. where can I find the symbol
indicating a space that looks like a greater than sign "" turned on

it's
open end and placed at the bottom of the line?