Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Captions and cross reference and more

In the Footnote options (Insert | Reference | Footnote), change the
"Place at" option from "Beneath text" to "Bottom of page." Click Close
to close the dialog box without inserting an additional footnote.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"steff" wrote in message
ups.com...

For your second question: Choose View | Header and Footer to

activate
the header/footer area. Place the cursor in the first footer
paragraph. Choose Format | Paragraph. Click the Indents and

Spacing
tab. Specify the desired Spacing Before and click OK.

Thak you very very much.

I already tried this way... but it does not work.
Let me explain:
This is my thesis degree work and i have:
a header with references to chapters and page numbers
a footer with just page number for the first page of a chapter.
Between header and footer i have body text and footnote.

Following your suggestion, i can change the height of the footer
itself, but if i lower the footer of 12 points, the footnote still
remains in the same position! even if i set zero points after the
footnote in its style... it does not go down!!!