Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I move the line above footnotes from center to left?

from normal view

Which has been rename Draft view in Word 2007...

See how Microsoft is helping us fight Alzheimer's by keeping our brain cells
active? ;-)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It's the same in 2007, however if you are working in Print Layout view,
tabs you set from the ruler are active in the footnote. The separator is
only available from normal view

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
To add to what Herb has said, if you're seeing the Footnote Separator
centered, the likely cause is that you have centered the Normal style
(on which it is based)--not a good idea. Also, if Ctrl+L doesn't fix
it, it could be that you've applied a first-line indent to the Normal
style, and you'll need to remove that from the separator. What I find
frustrating in Word 2003 (it may be different in Word 2007) is that
you can't use the ruler to handle indents and tabs in the footnote
pane.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Same concept... different procedu

Click the Draft icon (status bar or View ribbon tab)

Click Show Notes (References tab)

...and from there, in the Footnote pane, drop down the control at
the top of the pane to Footnote Separator. Click Ctrl+L, then return
to Print Layout view to exit the footnote pane.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com