Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Trying to create document with different header types.

DeanH has referred you to my article on numbering front matter. To get the
cover page, select "Different first page" and leave the First Page
Header/Footer empty. End the page with an Odd Page section break; this will
insert a totally blank even page and take you to the first page of the front
matter. Unlink the header(s) and footer(s) in that section from the previous
one, restart numbering, and format it as lowercase roman. From there on out,
the article should cover the rest.

"mohican" wrote in message

Hi.

I have a 10 Page Document.

It Contains a Coversheet,
A table of contents,
and a body of 8 pages.

I would like to create a document with the following.

A coversheet with no header and footer/ or blank content of header and
footer (page 1)

A blank page with no header and footer(page 2)

A table of Contents with a footer containing information in
roman numerals eg page I of II , page II of II.(page 3)

Body content containing normal digitis eg page 1 of 7 (page 4)

However I am experiencing great difficulty in achieving this,
does someone have a good system to do this since even when using the
section
break system I still have interfering number ranges between the different
sections.