Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default different left and right margins on top and bottom of page

This is much the better (and more usual) setup.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
J. Blair wrote:
I have a letterhead in Word that has 1/2" left and right margins.
However, I want the body of the text to have 1" margins. How can I do
this?

As an alternative to my previous reply (and less work), leave the body
styles as they are. Change the page margins (in the File Page Setup
dialog) to 1", and set _negative_ paragraph indents (-0.5") in the header
and footer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman