Klaus Linke

"Ros M" wrote:
I am trying to rearrange some rows in my table. When I copy or cut a
complete row, then paste it above a different row, for some reason
the whole thing shifts a few pixels to the left so that it no longer lines
up with the rest of the table. I have the whole table left justified with
no indent. I sometimes am unable to line it up by dragging -- keep
missing the spot.

Why is this happening?

Hi Ros,

The left indent is a row property, and somehow your pasted rows acquire a
different indent. I can't say why or how that happens, but I've run into
this too.

You could reset the left indents with a macro pretty easily:

Selection.Tables(1).Rows.LeftIndent=0
to set it to zero, or
Selection.Tables(1).Rows.LeftIndent=Selection.Rows (1).LeftIndent
to set it to the indent of the current row.
(See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm for help with
macros if needed)

If the right "edge" of the table is also ragged, "Table AutoFit to content"
usually fixes that, or switch back and forth between that and "Fixed width".

If you need to rearrange rows often, you might find the keyboard shortcuts
Alt+Shift+Up and Alt+Shift+Down useful for moving rows up and down (works
with one row -- if nothing was selected -- and also with more rows).

Regards,
Klaus