Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Igor Sukhov Igor Sukhov is offline

Default Startup delay if internet connection available.

I have noticed that if the internet connection is available it takes longer
for the Word to start up (as if it does some kind of check over the internet
(I checked it using my firewall software) - perhaps it does check if the
online clipart available or not).

Usual delay is 3-5 seconds. It does not seem like a big deal but if it
happens ten times a day it is very annoying.

Could someone please point me - how could I disable that start-up check? If
it has something to do with verification of availability of office internet
services - I do not care - I am really does not use them at all.

There is always the option to disable incoming connections for the
winword.exe (using the firewall) - but I do not consider this solution as
elegant.

Thank you.