Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen Glynn

Default Producing letters from Access using bookmarks.

Using the article at http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=210271
I've set up Access to send the current record from an Access form to
Word to produce a form letter using bookmarks rather than Merge Fields.

I like this way of doing it because it's a lot faster than using Merge,
but there's one drawback. If there's no data for the Merge Field
Address2, Word takes it out in the merge so there's no blank line. It
doesn't, however, do that if there's nothing to put in the bookmark
Address2. Instead, I just have a blank line between Address1 and City.
Is there any way in Word to deal with this problem, or should I
attack it from the Access end using code?

Steve