DTL

Default Header(s) & Table HELP!

I have a table that spans 2 pages in a Microsoft Word (2002) document. I
need to allow the table to flow (unsplit) into the second page as it
currently does. This to make it easer to add data to the table in future
iterations.

However, I also need to change the header on the 2nd page to be different
from the header on the first page.

I know that, in order to separate the 2nd page header from the 1st page
header, I need to add a section break at the end of the 1st page. This would
allow me to separately format the header on the 2nd page w/o affecting the
properties of the header on the 1st page.

The problem seems to be that since my table flows from the 1st page onto the
2nd page, unsplit, the "Break" option is not available from the "Insert"
pulldown menu in Microsoft Word. If split the table at the end of the last
row of the table on the 1st page, the "Break" option becomes available from
the "Insert" pulldown menu. I really do not want to split my table.

Is there any other way to achieve the outcome I require?

Thanks in advance -- DTL