Kris

Hi Herb,

Thanks for your feedback. I tried what you suggested, but your solution has
the same effect on Word as mine had. In other words, words keeps repaging.

However, I discovered the strangest thing. I tried to insert the same table
using the same field in the header. And ... it worked! The table flickers the
whole time -it is as if the table is selected, unselected, selected, ...- but
when I close the Header, the table is displayed correctly and I can reopen
the header. On reopening, the table starts flickering again, but I can alter
the field. In brief, it works in the header. Copy/pasting the same field in
the footer makes Word go wacko again.

If you have any suggestions, they are more than welcome, but in the mean
time, I'll look for updates or for Office2003.

Thanks,

kris
"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

I can confirm that what you're trying to do appears to work fine in Word
2003. I don't know if a bug might've been corrected since Word 2000, or not.

One thing you might try... copy the table into an AutoText entry. Then
substitute an AutoText field for the table in the footer. Supposing that the
AutoText entry's name is Table, your field would look like this:

{IF {PAGE} = {NUMPAGES} { AUTOTEXT TABLE }}

Does that work for you? (Here, it works with or without quotes around the
AutoText field.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"Kris" wrote in message
Hi!

I'm trying to insert a table in the footer of the last page in Word2000 on
XP Pro SP2 system. To do so I use the fielddefinition {IF
{PAGE} = {NUMPAGES} "xxx"} in the footer. The fielddefintion works
correctly
when I use it with text.

But what is my problem? When I replace xxx with a complete table and hit
Alt+F9 or Shift+F9, Word goes berzerk. From the actionmessage in the lower
left corner, I could make up that word is trying to repage the document.
But
somewhere there is a problem as word runs through all the pages, but
he/she/it skips the last one and starts repaging all over. A neverending
story so to speak. After waiting 5 minutes and going trough 20 repage
cycles,
I hit a mousebottom and word crashed completely.

Does anyone recognize this problem and has a solution for it?

You would be a great help!!!

Thanks in advance,

kris