Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anson Hunter[_2_] Anson Hunter[_2_] is offline

Default Lost Standard Formatting on 'New Blank Doc'

Aces! That worked. (I'm in love!) Thanks, Suzanne. -AH

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"Anson Hunter" Anson wrote in message
Out of the blue, when i went to generate a new Word (03) doc, the cursor
appeared at the very top of the page, instead of where it normally does --

on
the Date line for a business letter.

Also, the page is an odd shape -- almost square, instead of the usual 81/2

11 proportions -- and the vertical ruler to the left of the page is
non-functional. The ruler marks are there, but there is no "top" or

"bottom"
to grab to make any adjustments. The horizontal ruler at the top of the

page
appears and functions normally.

I have opened/closed Word, rebooted and run 'Detect and Repair' several
times (always says 'Word 2003 was successfully configured'), but nothing

has
worked.

If I open -- then close -- View, Header and Footer, then the the cursor
drops to the normal position and the appearance and functionality of the

left
ruler is restored, but I don't want to do this every time I start a new
document.

How do I get the standard, Word, New Blank Doc formatting back?

Thank you!