Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Error! No table of contents entries found.-Help

You shouldn't have to "create" a TOC more than once; after that you just
update it using F9. But yes, every time you "create" it you have to set
these options over again.

"jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Suzanne, Charles
That is exactly what I do, and have been doing.

Insert Table of Contents
In options --- assign head 1 to TOC 1, head 2 to TOC 2 and Head 3 to
TOC 3.

At this point I am assinging the head 1 to TOC 1 etc everytime I try to
create the Table of Contents. Previously, these assignments were made
once and then they appeared in the Options list?