jeff

Don't know who to talk to about this but what a price to pay to post here!!!
I have gotten 50+ mails since I first posted!!! All that I checked have
36048 W32.Sober.O@mm or something like it. Any ideas on how to disappear
from their radar? Sheesh!

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:

Well...that's pretty silly, isn't it!

But yes, there are easier ways to get here. As explained in the
article...a newsreader is the more efficient way to handle it.

Dian ~

On Sun, 1 May 2005 19:16:06 -0700, "jeff"
wrote:

Dian,
Yes the link takes me right to the thread but to reply you have to sign in
and that takes you to the start. But heck most things on the computer take me
too long to do anyway.
And why would I look any where else if you read and answer these questions!

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:

Well...I use a newsreader (Agent) to get here. But I believe if you
get here through the web interface at
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups that there is an option to get
an email notification if anyone answers you. Then you SHOULD be able
to click the link in the email to get back to this thread.

And...although these are great newsgroups...there ARE other groups
like Yahoo email groups.

You can find other types of support groups as well as further info
about newsreaders in this article...as well as links to other groups
(including my groups) on the resource page.

Get Help
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=124

Support Resources
http://www.mousetrax.com/resources.html

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:20:02 -0700, "jeff"
wrote:

Well, uh, I guess it would be Dian spelled improperly. Kinda lets you know
what you are dealing with huh? Like to get a message back on here I follow
the email notification link and then get directed to the sign-in and then
have to go to english, then Office, then Word, then Word General Questions
and then search down to find the one I wrote, then reply. I am sure there is
an easier way but like most things, I don't know it.
Thanks again.

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:

No problem...glad it helped.

(By the way...who is "Dean?"smile)

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sun, 1 May 2005 13:32:07 -0700, "jeff"
wrote:

Dear Dean,
Thank you so very much for solving the problem that has been plaguing us for
a long time. I know I have been through the view menu many times. I even
looked at the draw toolbar and never thought to click on "draw" to see more.
Since the draw toolbar was never checked (or visible) I did not suspect it.
I make it a habit not to change things. My son I suppose did that at some
time and forgot how he did it. These programs are much too complicated for
me. I would think that if the draw was doing something it would show as
running when the program starts. I am wrong again, as usual.
Thank you again.
Jeff.

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:

Sounds like maybe someone turned on the grid lines?

To check, click View Toolbar Drawing to turn on the drawing
toolbar. Locate the Draw icon on it and click to see a menu. Choose
Grid and uncheck the option if that is turned on.

Otherwise...could be you'd loaded an image or something into the
default Normal.dot template. This TechTrax article will tell you more
about fixing that issue, if that appears to be the case...

Normal.dot Template-Explained

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sun, 1 May 2005 10:40:02 -0700, "jeff"
wrote:

My sons laptop with Word for some reason now has documents starting with blue
lines like a piece notebook paper. They do not match font size and are
irritating to us all. How did they get started? How do I get rid of them?