Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Kotuby John Kotuby is offline

Default I hate Word 2007

Is there a way to have Word 2007 display menus that I am familiar with?

I was trying to help my Wife just click Edit/Select, then Edit/Copy and
finally Paste. That is a very simple thing to do in Word 2003. What a pain
in Word 2007! Even changing the font and enlarging print was an adventure in
searching for the right place to do it.

And what's with the stupid graph lines that appear with the opening of a
blank DOCX file. It's like somebody had a nightmare and then designed Word
from that bad dream.

I think I will download Open Office. I'll bet it is much more intuitive that
Word 2007.