Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Mixed protection styles

You didn't see it because it wasn't there. That's my point. It doesn't
appear unless you have inserted section breaks and chosen "Filling out
forms."

"Stephen Quist" wrote in message
It's one of those cases where if you know where it is and how to do it you
can find it.

If you don't know, good luck. I kept setting Editing Restrictions to
"Comments" or "Tracked Changes" because I focused on the free-text tables.

didn't even see the section selection until after I chose 'Filling in

forms"
*and* put in section breaks around the form fields.

It's almost like they deliberately made it hard to do.

Steve

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The size of the type in your Help task pane is dependent on the View |
Text
setting in Internet Explorer. But I agree that the fact that the link

does
not appear until after you have (a) created sections and (b) made the
various required settings for form protection doesn't help.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.