Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cliff Lewis Cliff Lewis is offline

Default Trouble filtering recipients

I just started having trouble with a mail merge using an Excel
document as the data source. I am trying to use Advanced settings to
select recipients whose membership status is "Current" and whose email
addresses are blank. When I do that, the filter works just as it
should in the recipient list. But when I close the recipient list and
do my merge (or just re-open the recipient list), I get extra
recipients. Calling the recipient list up again and selecting the
Advanced filter settings, I see that my filters have changed to Status
Equal to Current And email Is blank Or email Is blank. Sometimes
there are several added "Or email Is blank"s. Any idea what could be
causing this?

Thanks,
Cliff Lewis