Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Line Mystery

I just found out how it was created, but I'm still having a problem. I went
to Format Borders and Shading and then I clicked on the diagram to add the
horizontal line to the top and bottom. I just cannot figure out how to
navigate the cursor below that line after I type in the text between the
lines, so I can add a blank space and then another line below the blank
space. When I hit the enter key, it expands the space below the text. When I
press the cursor down, I cannot advance to the "section" below that.
HELP AGAIN!
P.S. I'm using Word 2003

"Karen" wrote:

I have a document that has different "sections" and each "section" is
separated by a line. The line is not a line drawn from the drawing toolbar.
It's not a line created by holding down shift and using the dash key.
The document has some text (questions) and then the text has a line above
and below it. Then below the question is a blank space to type in your
answer and then there's a line below that. The "section" expands as you type
more, to accommodate the text. How was this line created? What other
methods of creating a line are there other than the two I mentioned?
HELP!