Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] tlieu@basistech.com is offline

Default Word refuses to unbold TOC 3 style

Hi, I have a document in which it seems completely impossible to make
the TOC 3 style unbold. Here's what I've tried and learned:

1. TOC 3 is based on TOC 2, which is itself not a bolded style.
2. When I go to the Modify Style dialog box for TOC 3 and make it bold
(the B icon is not selected when I open the style), the text will
unbold, but the next time I update the TOC, it goes back to being bold.
3. When I go to Reveal Formatting for that style, it claims that for
Latin, Asian and Complex fonts it is bold, yet when I go to modify it
(click "Format" button and select "Font") it shows as regular.
4. The TOC 3 and TOC 2 styles in my document have no numbering
involved, so it's not a question of the numbering being bolded. They
are all set to "none."
5. When I see the preview of TOC in the Styles and Formatting pane it
appears as not boldface (go figure!)

Can any offer any other things I might try?

Thank you in advance,
Tina