Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default insert plain text into pre-existing table

In article 2b20f7b4-2839-4dd4-80fc-d78602aa81c8
@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, says...
I have a Word document with a table set up (to print mailing labels,
in 2 columns). And a plain text document with addresses. I'd like to
insert the addresses into the Word table, _without_ using Mail
Merge.

I've searched this group and haven't found this particular question
(though many somewhat similar ones).

Can I manipulate the text file in such a way that I can paste the text
into the Word doc.with each address on a different label?

Thanks in advance for any help,
David

The plain text doc has this format; different addresses have different
numbers of lines.

A person
33 streetname
town
county
postcode

A N Other
56 streetname
Town
county
postcode
country

Word has a command to convert text to a table. Table, Convert, Text to
Table in Word 2003. If you look in the help system you will find the
details on how your text should be set up for this command to work
properly.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers