Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Elizabeth[_3_] Elizabeth[_3_] is offline

Default Search long ocument

In message , Suzanne S. Barnhill
writes
In versions through Word 2003, press Shift+F5 to return to the last edit
point. Unfortunately, this doesn't work in Word 2007.

I hadn't realised that - I've just recently switched to Word 2007 and
previously found the Shift+F5 facility to be very useful when working in
long documents.

Many of the documents I'm currently working on were created in Word 2003
and the Shift+F5 facility still works, but that is because I haven't
saved those documents as .docx files, just used Ctrl-S which keeps the
2003 format.

I have found that if a document is created and saved within Word 2007 as
Word 2003 format, the Shift+F5 facility still works when next opening
the document in Word 2007. Of course, there's still the problem of the
formatting not being carried over between the two versions of Word, but
my documents tend to be just plain text.

It might be a useful workaround for the original poster to create/save
his document as a 2003 doc and then save the final version as a 2007
docx and then apply the document formatting as required.

Do you happen to know why Shift-F5 isn't available in 2007? It would be
interesting to know whether that was a conscious decision by Microsoft
or if it was an accidental side-effect of the repackaging of Word.

--
Elizabeth