Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Search long ocument

Reitanos wrote:
FYI: I just remoted in to my home computer (where I have Office 2007)
and the Previous Edit button still exists. Although the customization
options aren't as powerful as they used to be, you can still add the
button.
So, because I have too much time on my hands, I recorded a macro of
clicking the Previous Edit button and assigned the [Shift][F5]
keystroke to it and it works fine.

Did you try your workaround in this situation?

- Open a Word 2007 (.docx) document.
- Make an editing change (e.g., insert and then delete a space) in the
middle of the document.
- Save and close the document.
- Reopen the document.
- Press Shift+F5.

Does the cursor go to the place where you edited in the first session? In my
testing, I found that the answer was no, regardless of whether the keystroke
was assigned to the GoBack command or the recorded macro.

Also, looking at the macro, the code that was recorded is just
"Application.GoBack". GoBack and Previous Edit are really just different
names for the same command -- one in the keyboard shortcut dialog and the
other in the Quick Access Toolbar customization dialog. Either one will work
as long as you don't close the document and reopen it, or if you save the
document in Word 97-2003 format.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman