Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AJC3708 AJC3708 is offline

Default How do I save a custom watermark in Word 2007?

Thanks I've been trying to figure out the same thing for quite some time

"CyberTaz" wrote:

No Problem - Glad it worked out!
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"JWRQT" wrote in message
Perfect! Thank you!

jeff

"CyberTaz" wrote:

I'm not clear on how the Word 2004 handles it & not near one at the
moment,
but PC Word prior to 2007 did not allow for saving custom watermarks at
all.
You basically had the same dialog as 2007 and the custom watermark
applied
to the current doc only... it wasn't - and still isn't - added to the
default list of watermarks in that dialog. At least in 2007 you can save
the
custom watermark, but as a gallery object and you need to do it this way:

1- Create the custom watermark as you're currently doing. It is inserted
as
a graphic object in the Header/Footer layer of the doc.

2- Next, go to the H/F layer (Insert TabHeader buttonEdit Header or
just
double-click near the top edge of the page).

3- Once there, click on the watermark to select it, then go to the Page
Layout TabWatermark & your Save Selection to Watermark Gallery command
will
be active.

From then on you will be able to select it from the Gallery in any doc &
not
have to recreate it or go back into the Custom Watermark dialog unless
creating a new one.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"JWRQT" wrote in message
I select "custom watermark" and select "text." I then enter the text I
want
(instead of having the default "ASAP," or "DRAFT." In my mind, nothing
extraordinary is selected. I'm just replacing their text with my own.
At
home I have Mac machines, and this option works just fine with MS
Office
2004
for Mac. I find it interesting it doesn't work on the Windows machines.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

I've not seen this at all unless no text or some other appropriate
object
is
selected. Pardon the "silly" question, but do you have something
_selected_
from which a custom watermark can be generated?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"JWRQT" wrote in message
news The "Save selection to Watermark gallery" is grayed out so I am not
able
save custom watermarks. I even read the directions (in the book
"Using
Office 2007" by QUE publishing), all to no avail. The product is MS
Office
2007 (specifically Word 2007). Thank you.