Murray Muspratt-Rouse Murray Muspratt-Rouse is offline
Member

Location: Mill Hill, London, England
Smile

Since Access is definitely open when you merge, your options a
a. connect using DDE. DDE communicates with Access, which already has
the DB open, so Word does not need to know anything about workgroup
security in that case. But I do not think it is possible to force Word
2007 to use DDE with Access programmatically
b. connect via ODBC/OLE DB, supplying the workgroup name, login and
password, as I have suggested. OLE DB is probably better. I do not
believe that the name of the workgroup DB makes any difference - you
still have to supply it. However, I have not verified that recently.
c. (I would have to re-check this) ensure that the table/query you
wanted to use was /not secured/. In that case you probably do not need
to provide the workgroup DB details, and Word will /probably/ try to log
in as Admin.

Peter Jamieson

[url]http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk[
In the interval I have resorted to DDE and have managed to export an Excel spreadsheet containing the merge data. I did try to complete the automation by opening the document from Access VBA but only got one letter instead of many. Since envelopes are to be printed from the same data I will leave it like that for now - the user will run the data collection in Access and then open the documents in Word for printing.

Thanks again for your help.

Murray