Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default The long, medial or descending s (ſ)

The long and short of it is that you will have to find a font that contains
this character. Googling for "long s font," I find
http://desktoppub.about.com/library/...jslancient.htm (free; see
also http://shipbrook.com/jeff/typograf.html) and a discussion of fonts that
include it at http://typophile.com/node/38009. You can also check out the
other links in that search, but if you want an antique look, I think Jeff's
JSL Ancient font looks pretty promising (includes an italic variant).

http://word.mvps.org

"richard" wrote in message
I need to insert into my document the old-fashioned letter "s" that
resembles an italicized "f" without the crossbar of the "f." I am using
Word 2007 and wonder how I can replicate that letter. [The long "s" was
used at the beginning and middle of words, as seen in the Bill of Rights,
for example]

Thanks