Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Calculating age in a Word template/Form from the DOB field

Hi John,

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation
Tutorial, at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at second field under the item titled 'Interactively Calculate A Persons Age'. That field calculates the age to
the nearest year, month and day. For what you've described, you can change the output expression to:
"The person's age is {={Years}+{={Months}5}} years}."
Do read the document's introductory material.

--
Cheers
macropod

"John" wrote in message ...
I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to
calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the
person's DOB.
Can anyone help me wit this?
Thanks,
--