Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Forsyth Bob Forsyth is offline

Default How do I save a custom watermark in Word 2007?

How do I cusomize a watermark and save it for future use

On Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:23 AM JWRQ wrote:

The "Save selection to Watermark gallery" is grayed out so I am not able to
save custom watermarks. I even read the directions (in the book "Using
Office 2007" by QUE publishing), all to no avail. The product is MS Office
2007 (specifically Word 2007). Thank you.

On Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:33 PM JWRQ wrote:

I select "custom watermark" and select "text." I then enter the text I want
(instead of having the default "ASAP," or "DRAFT." In my mind, nothing
extraordinary is selected. I'm just replacing their text with my own. At
home I have Mac machines, and this option works just fine with MS Office 2004
for Mac. I find it interesting it doesn't work on the Windows machines.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:52 PM CyberTaz wrote:

I've not seen this at all unless no text or some other appropriate object is
selected. Pardon the "silly" question, but do you have something _selected_
from which a custom watermark can be generated?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"JWRQT" wrote in message
news

On Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:10 PM JWRQ wrote:

Perfect! Thank you!

jeff

"CyberTaz" wrote:

On Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:41 PM CyberTaz wrote:

I'm not clear on how the Word 2004 handles it & not near one at the moment,
but PC Word prior to 2007 did not allow for saving custom watermarks at all.
You basically had the same dialog as 2007 and the custom watermark applied
to the current doc only... it wasn't - and still isn't - added to the
default list of watermarks in that dialog. At least in 2007 you can save the
custom watermark, but as a gallery object and you need to do it this way:

1- Create the custom watermark as you're currently doing. It is inserted as
a graphic object in the Header/Footer layer of the doc.

2- Next, go to the H/F layer (Insert TabHeader buttonEdit Header or just
double-click near the top edge of the page).

3- Once there, click on the watermark to select it, then go to the Page
Layout TabWatermark & your Save Selection to Watermark Gallery command will
be active.

From then on you will be able to select it from the Gallery in any doc & not
have to recreate it or go back into the Custom Watermark dialog unless
creating a new one.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"JWRQT" wrote in message

On Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:33 PM CyberTaz wrote:

No Problem - Glad it worked out!
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

On Monday, November 02, 2009 3:43 PM AJC3708 wrote:

Thanks I have been trying to figure out the same thing for quite some time

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
C# In Depth Second Edition - An Interview with Jon Skeet
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...jon-skeet.aspx