Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default saving files to cd

Never use Word with any type of removable media (CD, floppy, Flash drive,
etc.)

As Jay says, always save to the local HDD. Copy to from removable media or
in the case of CDR or DVDR, burn to the media. But note that because it is
burnt to a CD/DVD, it will be assigned the Read only attribute. You will
need to manually change that when you try to open the document for editing
again.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Debbie Short" Debbie wrote in message
I would like to save documents to a cd but whenever I save as drive F or G
it
tells me that I do not have access to that folder to contact my
administrator. This is my home computer. What do I need to do to
accomplish
this? Deb S