Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I maintain formatting?

Txt is plain text and that does not support formatting.
Html does support formatting, but its requirements are entirely different
from those of a Word document and so there is little correlation between the
two. You can view what the Word document will look like in html by using the
Web view.

"Virgil Hastings" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2K and when I save as a .txt file all formatting is lost. I
use a Text to HTML converter prior to uploading to a website. How do I go
about preserving the formatting so that the web doc looks like the one I
created in Word?

Best regards,
--
VHH III