Stefan Blom

You need to set up as many styles as you have headings, and define
their left indent so that they match the corresponding headings. You
can use the built-in List Continue series of styles as a starting
point. Note that applying the styles is manual work, and could be
quite tedious. (But once setup, you can save the document as a
template and re-use with future documents.)

Although "Style for following paragraph" is convenient, it won't
modify existing text. Instead, its advantage is for future paragraph
insertions, only: the appropriate style is applied when you press
ENTER at the end of a paragraph whose style has the option set.

--
Stefan Blom

"Ed" wrote in message
I have a number of indented headings and I want the following

paragraph text
to automatically line up with the heading indents. The "Style for

following
paragraphs" box, in the 'styles and formatting' seems to have no

effect. I
know I can indent the paragraphs manually but this is somewhat

tedious after
the first few hundred paragraphs!!!
I am using Word 2003
Any ideas?