Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Placeholders for graphics?

You can link graphics (pictures) by choosing Insert as Link when using
Insert | Picture | From File. You can also use "picture placeholders" for
inline graphics (any type); this setting is on the View tab of Tools |
Options; you can also suppress the display of floating graphics ("Drawings")
in the same place; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/...leGraphics.htm. None of these
settings will prevent the graphics from printing or being displayed in Print
Preview.

"Jauchart" wrote in message
I have a very large manuscript, with many footnotes. I also need to import
into it many charts, tables, and graphics. As it crashed once, I am trying

reduce the amount of baggage to what is necessary. I have been told that
instead of actually importing the graphic into the Word document, there is

way to insert a placeholder, which just tells Word to put the graphic

there
when printing it out. Is this possible? Can I do this with my charts and
tables too (which currently are in a separate Word document). Or are there
other ways of doing this?
I am using Word 2002, SP3; WinXP Media Edition 2005.