Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default I want to stop columns, Add a sentence, add more columns

The full width sentence needs to be a paragraph.
Write the lot as one column.
Select the part you want above the full width paragraph and format to two
columns. Select the rest after the full width paragraph and format to two
columns.

Jack Sprat wrote:
I want to type two column food preparation menus on one page, stop
them, have a sentence run all the way across the page, then start
columns again. All on a single page. As of now each time I change
from two columns to one it changes the whole page to one column. I
have Microsoft 2002 (10.4219...}