?yvind Blom

Default Reply: Unlinking large number of images with macro in Word 97

Wasn`t able to answer directly to the group.
I tried your macro, Charles Kenyon. But Word went into complete hang
with 99 % use of CPU power. Nothing happened after 1 hour so I closed
it.
Too bad.

Oyvind

Try the following on a _copy_ of your document. AFAIK it unlinks all

fields
in a document, regardless of whether they are in the body of the

document or
elsewhere. Please report back on your results.

Sub FieldsUnlinkAllStory()
' All Story Field Unlinker
' Written by Charles Kyle Kenyon
' repaired with help from Jezebel 10 December 2004
Dim oStory As Range
On Error Resume Next
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
Do
oStory.Fields.Unlink
Set oStory = oStory.Next
Loop Until oStory Is Nothing