Daiya Mitchell

If the "periodically" comes at a regular point--e.g., you have Parts,
Chapters, and Subsections of Chapters, and you want an extra blank line
before every Part, you could use a different approach.

All the Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 entries in the TOC are presumably formatted
in a style, e.g. TOC 1 or TOC 2? Format the corresponding TOC style to have
space before.

Tweak this example to meet your needs, if possible. If your blank lines are
not regular, say so, so that someone will return to your original question.
(Although I can't imagine how irregular blank lines in a TOC would be a good
idea.

On 1/6/05 8:16 AM, "Paul Terrano" wrote:

One of the {TOC} switches is \x which is said to preserve a
newline character. I am formatting a long toc with TC fields and
I would like a blank line in the toc periodically.

Where in the TC does the newline character go, is it enter or
shift-enter and does the resulting empty line follow or precede
the entry that contains the newline character? I can get the
effect by entering a return manually, but this method will not
survive an update.

I did not find any definitive statements on this subject when I
searched the microsoft.public.word.* newsgroups on Google.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/