Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default insert footers in normal template

You can in fact insert a specific header/footer into Normal.dot, but it is
not recommended. Although the macros recommended by other posters may do
what you want, a better solution would be to create specific document
templates for the types of documents your users will create and save them in
the Workgroup Templates folder. What remains is a matter of user
education/training.

"Heidi" wrote in message
Over a network I want all users to insert a filename in the footer of any

new
doc they open. I understand you cannot insert autotext into normal.dot but
there must be a way of doing this.