Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Appendix numbering within the text

I'm confused. You've been creating tables, figures, etc., as endnotes? Or
you have been using the EndNote product to do this? If the latter, then
perhaps EndNote also includes a way to cross-reference the captions.

"Terri" wrote in message
Wow -- that was quick!

I haven't used any automated numbering. I've been using EndNotes for
Tables,
Figures, etc. captions. So I can use the automated numbering for the
Appendices number within the text. I'll give it a try.

Terri

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have used automatic numbering of any kind (including caption
numbering) for your appendixes, then you can use Insert | Reference |
Cross-reference to insert a reference to the paragraph number of the
heading, numbered item, or caption, as appropriate.

"Terri" wrote in message
The appendices are within the text like this:

"...2000 are listed in Appendix A. The teacher standards are currently
under
review and revised standards will be released..."

Is there some way of inserting the "Appendix X" and having Word change
the
letter "X" so it's the right letter in the the right order, such as
"A",
"B",
etc.? The term "Appendix X" is within the paragraph. I tried the
instructions on the Shauna Kelly site and Microsoft site and I end up
with
the paragraph with the Appendix being reformatted, with a number in
front
of
it. Maybe I'm missing a step, or confused or those instructions aren't
what
I'm looking for. Are the instructions on Shauna Kelly's site suppose
work
for what I need?

Thanks for the help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you looked at
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...pendixes.html?

"Terri" wrote in message
I have a large document that has at least 30 Appendices. I would
like
automate the numbering within the text. So far I've seen the
Outline
Appendix suggestion from MS but that doesn't appear to be what I
need.
Is
this something that can be done with MS Word? I am desperate.