Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Word 2007 SP1, highlighting disappears

I'm not sure what the difference is. The "Find In" button I'm referring to
works like the "Highlight All items found" option -- it selects the found
data in the document as in previous versions.

I emailed you a screen shot. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Yes, I see that. But I don't see any Find All functionality other than the
Reading Highlight. My point is that the Reading Highlight appears to be
the same thing as "Highlight all items found" but unfortunately isn't. I
don't see any way to select all items found.

In Word 2003, you can use "Highlight all items found" to select every
occurrence the "Find what" text and then click back to the doc and apply
given formatting to just those selected found items. What is even more
useful is that you can Cut or Copy the selected text and paste it into
another document. It seems this functionality has been lost entirely in
Word 2007.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
I suspect I was thinking of Word 2003 in regards to wording. It's now
called "Find In". I see the button next to the "Reading Highlight" button
in the Find dialog box. If you click the "Find In" button you'll see a
list of choices for the Find scope. Note that "Main Document" will be the
only choice if you don't have headers/footers, text boxes, or comments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't see the Find All function in the Find dialog in Word 2007, Beth.
Where are you seeing it? Keep in mind that in Word 2003, there is a check
box for "Highlight all items found in" [whatever is selected]. When that
box is checked, the Find Next button changes to Find All.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
The "Find All" functionality, which selects the text, is still
available and works similar to previous versions. The difference is the
scope of the Find can now be set to Text Boxes, Headers and Footers,
and Comments if the elements are present in the document.