Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Amit Jain Amit Jain is offline

Default Change font color for all new text in a document

Hello Dean,

I too was looking for a solution to the problem CypherBit mentioned. The
problem with using track changes is that it tracks everything. I want to
delete parts of the document and retain my comments. If I delete something I
just want it to disappear. I guess what I am saying is that the options for
track changes are not sufficient for what I need. If there was a way just to
note my comments in a different color it would be just right. I need this to
adapt an old document to something new that will have significant changes,
not minor changes. Track changes suffices for minor changes (and I use it
extensively for that) but becomes cumbersome if only the structure and some
information has to be preserved in the new document.

Amit.

"DeanH" wrote:

Track Changes is ideal for this.
Tools, Options, Track Changes, if you want to change the colour assigned.
The default is a Word-assigned colour by different authors (usually different
machines) but you can change the colours to your own requirements.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"CypherBit" wrote:

Is it possible to change the font color for all new text I'm about to
enter in a document. I need to edit a long document and want my
comments to be in red. Can this be done without Track Changes? If not
how can I do this with Track Changes?

After 6 hours of editing in red I'll need to change it to green.

Any help is much appreciated.

--
CypherBit