ML

How exactly can you make the template macros and related be saved with the
document? I guess I am missing something?

"Robert M. Franz" wrote in message
Hello ML

ML wrote:
When you create a new DOC from a template the functionality of the
macros, toolbars, etc that were contained in the template are not saved
with the DOC. Therefore if you send the DOC along to a new user that
does not have the template then they cannot access this functionality.

Yes, that's "as designed".

To keep macros etc. in the Template is usually a good idea beceause
changes to those would become a nightmare if you had to trace all
documents that have been created from it!

Is there some way to have all the template code and objects saved with
the DOC??

Is there any way around this or am I just missing something?

You have to either send the template along with the document, or make sure
that the macros etc. is saved in the documents themselves. The usual way
to do that would be by way of VBA (one of the predefined macro names fires
on "NEW").

2cents
Robert
--