ML

Thanks. We have a note on the security. we need to have the macros
working so not much choice but to have them set this to low. Or is there a
better way to permit specific templates?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm. Apply the methods for
creating such customizations and moving them to another template to your
document. Remember, though, that your macros will not run on most
corporate systems because of macro security being set to "high."
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"ML" wrote in message
How exactly can you make the template macros and related be saved with
the document? I guess I am missing something?

"Robert M. Franz" wrote in message
Hello ML

ML wrote:
When you create a new DOC from a template the functionality of the
macros, toolbars, etc that were contained in the template are not saved
with the DOC. Therefore if you send the DOC along to a new user that
does not have the template then they cannot access this functionality.

Yes, that's "as designed".

To keep macros etc. in the Template is usually a good idea beceause
changes to those would become a nightmare if you had to trace all
documents that have been created from it!

Is there some way to have all the template code and objects saved with
the DOC??

Is there any way around this or am I just missing something?

You have to either send the template along with the document, or make
sure that the macros etc. is saved in the documents themselves. The
usual way to do that would be by way of VBA (one of the predefined macro
names fires on "NEW").

2cents
Robert
--